- Size: King Size
- Approximate Dimensions: 114 ½" wide by 119" long
- Piecing: Excellent
- Stitching: Excellent to Superlative quality with an average of 7-8 stitches per inch
- Additional photos descriptions:
- Close-up of Center of Broken Star
- Extreme close-up of fabrics that make the left portion of center
- Star point of outer ring
- Inner area of star point of outer ring shows fabrics in detail; this includes the white flower embossed print on ecru background fabric detail
- Tulip in-between two star tips of the "broken" star
- First photo of quilting illustrates an excellent to superior average of 7-8 stitches per inch
- Second photo of quilting also illustrates excellent average of 7-8 stitches per inch
- We deliberately didn't use a flash so you could see the terrific quilting detail here. This is a corner between star points
- What better quilted design for a border than tulips to match a quilt that features tulips?
- Corner of border is illustrated here
- Another border photo shows the lovely shade of blue used on the border; also the terrific interplay of tulips and trefoils or fleur-de-lis. White chalk marks are indicative of tracing from a stencil to where the quilter should do her needlework. Many people prize these marks as part of a quilter’s signature. If you don’t care for them, you can easily rid your quilt of them. These will disappear after you dry clean or wash it. We always recommend dry-cleaning.
Tulips in Broken Star King Quilt in Shades of Blue with Yellow Accents
THIS QUILT HAS ALREADY BEEN SOLD, BUT YOU MAY CONTACT US ABOUT A CUSTOM ORDER. WE'RE ALSO WORKING WITH OUR QUILTER TO HAVE ANOTHER TULIPS IN BROKEN STAR QUILT IN ANOTHER PALETTE MADE.
An Almost Amish Quilt Exclusive with 100% labor from Amish artisans. We had never seen anything added to a Broken Star quilt until we saw this variation with tulips added at an auction. Right then and there, we knew we had to create one! We estimate that there are over 102,000 individual hand stitches in this quilt! It is a one-of-a-kind item, but we have added this size to match the fabrics in Queen size.
We have important information on dimensions, descriptions of additional photos, and more at the bottom of this page.