Spinning Star King Quilt in Blue & White
What a gorgeous, expertly-made quilt! We are thrilled to offer it and you'll be even more thrilled to have it in your home! We speak often of quilts becoming family heirlooms; we can't think of a more deserving specimen than this one. We estimate there are 105,000 individual hand stitches in this quilt. It is a one-of-a-kind item.
We're not certain of the history of the Spinning Star (also known as the Spinning Color Wheel), but we think it was first used in the latter half of the 20th century.
Quilt dimensions, many more details, and descriptions of photographs are available by scrolling down towards the bottom of the page.
- Size: King.
- Approximate Dimensions:
- Width: 109" at shallowest part of scallop; 111" at full width of scallop.
- Length: 112½" at shortest length of scallop; 113 ¼" at lengthiest part of scallop.
- Fabric content: All top fabrics and backing are 100% cotton. Batting inside is 100% polyester fiberfill
- Piecing: Superior quality.
- Quilting: Superior to superlative quality with 8-9 stitches per inch.
- Back: White
- The classic blue and white color motif is breathtaking.
- The feathered quilting, the star border around the center medallion, the stars on the pillowcase, and the secondary stars at the mattress corners are all so lovely!
Description of additional photographs:
- Close-up of Spinning Star center medallion
- Close-up of feathered quilting in bottom of center medallion
- First close up of quilting illustrates 8-9 stitches per inch
- Second close up of quilting illustrates 8-9 stitches per inch
- Closer view of Spinning Stars on Sash
- Detailed view of corner star
- Detailed view of border illustrates corner star in top right corner; "V" shaped feathered quilting above solid navy sash, vertical quilted lines lead to beautiful horizontal scalloped border and feathered heart quilted design with solid navy blue binding
- Back is white and shows off quilting well