Postage Stamp Queen Multi-colored Quilt
This quilt is on loan to a friend with a store who just fell in love with it. However, we can recall it easily. Should you wish to buy it, please call us at 1.866.471.4614 or submit a Contact Us form to inquire about it.
An Almost Amish Quilt Exclusive with 100% labor from Amish artisans. Normally Postage Stamp quilts have squares of fabric between 1 - 1 ½ inches. This quilt's squares fit right in-- each square is approximately between 1 ⅜ - 1½ inches square. This quilt is obviously a scrapper's quilt, one that has been made from leftover scraps of material that are too small to be fashioned into another quilt. Scrapper's quilts have a substantial following. Our dear craftswoman Rosa mostly favored blue shades here. Our savings on the fabric has been passed onto you in your price. And the various pieces just make this quilt.
We estimate there are over 85,000 separate hand stitches in this quilt. It is a one-of-a-kind item. Please see "Detail" area below for more information such as dimensions and detailed photo explanations.
- Size: Queen
- Approximate Dimensions: 99 ½" wide by 109" long.
- Piecing: Excellent.
- Stitching: Superior quality with average of 8 stitches per inch.
- Border: Simple vertical lines, which do not compete with the busyness of the color motif.
- Back: solid off-white with navy blue binding.
description of additional photographs
- 2 different close-ups of fabrics shows Rosa, the piecer, used various shades of blue and a multi-color design
- First sample of stitching yields an superior average of 8 stitches per inch
- Second sample of stitching also yields superior average of 8 stitches per inch
- Back is solid off-white. Binding is navy.