Ingredients: Red beets, vinegar, sugar, salt. Refrigerate after opening.
Our pickled red beets are available in Quart & Pint Jars. This listing is for 1 Quart jar.
Attention for those with allergies: The equipment in Mary's kitchen processes and packages products containing peanuts, tree nuts, soybeans, milk, egg, and wheat ingredients.
Registered with the PA Department of Agriculture.
Pickled Red Beet Eggs:
- Hard boil half a dozen eggs.
- Peel them while still warm. Let them cool entirely before adding to red beet juice. (This is very important- if you don't, you will get an egg that you'll be able to bounce off the floor!)
- Open the pint jar of Mary's Pickled Red Beets, and place in sealable container large enough to accommodate eggs, beets, and beet juice.
- Add a few tablespoons of White Vinegar (to taste.)
- If desired, you may add the following, but this step is completely optional-
- 1/2 tsp. mustard seed
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. whole allspice
- pinch ground cloves
- pinch celery seed
- Refrigerate for two days, and you'll have a real treat!
Our canned products are the real thing- handmade by an Amish woman in her kitchen—unlike others you’ll see that have Amish names and which are mass produced in factories. As a matter of fact, the vast majority of Mary's produce is grown right on her own Lancaster County farm. She actually prefers to occasionally wait to re-stock her shelves with her own rather than buy inferior quality produce elsewhere. That impresses the heck out of us, and is evident in the taste of her products. One area where we know you'll be impressed- the taste. We've combed the county to find the best for you.