A Gorgeous Blue and Yellow Floral Print and Expert Craftsmanship Make This Quilt One You'll Be Proud to Own!
An Almost Amish Quilt Exclusive with 100% labor from Amish artisans. The detail in this Mariner's Compass quilt is extraordinary: The compass center medallion is complete with 32 points and sawtooth edges. A diamond border at the top and bottom of the mattress top flank beautiful mottled sky and navy blue compass points pointing out the major directions, with pale butter and and a gorgeous yellow and blue flower print. The quilting is not only superior, it is plentiful. More information, including dimensions and descriptions of additional photographs, is available below- just scroll drown.
This quilt is exquisite. We estimate that there are over 101,000 individual hand stitches of quilting in this quilt! A one-of-a-kind piece of art. Elva is a terrific piecer and Rosa is our best quilter.
Dimensions and description of additional photos at the bottom of this page. Just scroll down.
- Size: King
- Approximate Dimensions: 112" wide by 113 ¼" long
- Fabric content: All top fabrics and backing are 100% cotton. Batting inside is 100% polyester fiberfill
- Piecing: Superior
- Stitching: Superior quality with average of 8 stitches per inch
- Back: off-white
description of additional photographs
- Close-up of Mariner's Compass center medallion
- 1st close-up of quilting shows superior average of 8 stitches per inch.
- 2nd close-up of quilting also shows superior average of 8 stitches per inch
- Sash is of different fabrics used in quilt cut into diamonds bordered on both sides by the mottled navy blue fabric, with a white-star-on-white background. Then another border of the star fabric, the blue floral on yellow fabric, forms another sash, before the last border of mottled navy.
- Border is of semi-circle of alternating compass points, and double sky and navy mottled blues. Binding is solid navy.
- Back is off-white, shown folded against a white mattress pad for effect