Lone Star Queen Quilt in Rose, Burgundy, & Avocado
An Almost Amish Quilt Exclusive with 100% labor from Amish artisans. This quilt is one of the most classic quilt designs: the Lone Star, known to have been in use by 1815. This Lone Star is executed beautifully in its use of concentric circles of color. The use of rose and burgundy, contrasted with the tan and avocado, is really dynamite. It has a scalloped border with beautiful quilted feathered hearts design on the border and a beautiful finishing touch of a contrast rose binding on the edge. We estimate there are over 79,000 individual hand stitches in this quilt. It is a one-of-a-kind item. Treated properly, this quilt will become a family heirloom!
- Size: Queen
- Approximate Dimensions
- width: 101 1/2" at fullness of scallop; 99" at shallow end of scallop
- length: 109" at fullness of scallop; 106 1/2" at shallow end of scallop
- Piecing: Excellent.
- Quilting: Excellent quality with average of 7-8 stitches per inch.
- Back: solid off-white
description of additional photographs
- close-up of center medallion of star
- extreme close-up shows excellent piecing and gorgeous fabrics used
- 2nd extreme close-up
- 3rd overall close-up shows harmony of colors
- close-up of quilting in spaces between star points
- first close-up of quilting illustrates 8 stitches per inch. This is also good illustration of the white-on-white floral that is the background or fill on the quilt.
- second close-up of quilting illustrates 7 stitches per inch
- beautiful sash uses alternating all the fabrics employed in the quilt, but placed on the bias to harmonize with the layout of the quilt. Also please note the beautiful half-circle quilting above sash
- border is solid burgundy with lines running vertically, extending to feathered heart design, along with contrast rose print binding
- back is off-white