Lone Star Christmas Wall Hanging
First known in England as the "Mathematical Star," this eight pointed star is known to be in use as early as 1815. Obviously Texas donated its namesake for today's designs. This particular version is done in such harmonious fabrics featuring poinsettias, mistletoe, holly, and green stars. The background is a white-on-white print. Excellent piecing; excellent to superior quilting.
Important information on dimensions, descriptions of other photos, and more at the bottom of this page.
Approximate Size: 37" wide by 38" long
Wall Hanging is shown hanging with a 36" Quilt Keeper wooden vice painted in Tan for $45.88. While we don't have a specific product line available online yet, please call us to inquire about or to order
Quilting: Excellent to Superior quality with an average of 7-8 stitches per inch. Very few quilts are made with this attention to detail, let alone wall hangings. This is a true prize!
Other photographs include:
- Close up of Lone Star fabrics
- Looped quilting detail on sash of dark green with bright green stars; also white-on-white background print
- Three different views illustrate excellent quilting of approximately 7 stitches per inch.
- Border is a diagonal triangle and binding is dark green.
- Back of wall hanging is nondescript white flower print on beige.
Very communicative; beautiful quilt. Would buy from again!