Log Cabin Barn Raising Quilt
Scrapper's quilts are designed with piecers' scraps, but many treasure these Amish quilts for their unique appearance. A veteran piecer can match these colors harmoniously, as evidenced by the final product. This king size Amish quilt contrasts a lovely light halves on the bias, used uniformly as the "light" half of each square, with a riot of color in the darker half, creating a diamond design. How this became known as a "barn raising", we don't know! We estimate there are over 146,000 individual hand stitches in this king size quilt in this one-of-a-kind item. Order an Amish quilt today and get free shipping on your order! Plus, don't forget to check out our full selection of king size Amish quilts.
- Size: King Size
- Approximate Dimensions: 108" wide by 113" long
- Stitching: Superior quality with average of 8 stitches per inch.
- Fabrics: 100% cotton top and backing fabrics with 100% polyester fiberfill batting
- Description of Additional Photos:
- Close-up of diamond pattern on mattress top, the type typified by Barn Raising variation of Log Cabin design
- Extreme close up of one square of Log Cabin Barn Raising King Quilt
- 2nd extreme close up of one square of Log Cabin Barn Raising King Quilt
- Hand stitching example here shows superlative yield of 9 stitches per inch, yet we only count an average of 8 superior stitches per inch in most places of the Scrapper's Barn Raising Log Cabin King quilt
- Hand stitching example here shows superior yield of 8 stitches per inch
- Sash is solid burgundy; border and binding are solid navy. This is a good balance with the prints above.
- Back is off-white.