Jacob's Ladder King Quilt in Shades of Blue, Saffron, and Grey
An Almost Amish Quilt Exclusive with 100% labor from Amish artisans. What a design! The contrast between the upright perpendicular 90º medium turquoise lattice and the wider 45º dark and medium turqoise "ladders", complete with the turquoise and saffron squares is just fabulous. Bright, lively, and modern! There's a lot going on here, but with the right fabrics, and with an experienced piercer and quilter, this is a simply beautiful quilt. We estimate there are over 103,960 individual hand stitches in this quilt! This is a one-of-a-kind item. Make it yours today. As always, dimensions, information about photos, and more is below on this page when you scroll down.
- Size: King
- Approximate Dimensions: 113" wide x 115" long.
- Fiber Content: fabrics, 100% cotton; batting, 100% polyester fiberfill.
- Piecing: Excellent.
- Stitching: Superior quality with 8 stitches per inch.
- Back: off-white
description of additional photographs
- Close-up of Jacob's Ladder design
- Extreme close-up of fabrics used in Jacob's Ladder
- First sample of quilting yields a superior count of 8 stitches per inch
- Second sample of quilting yields excellent average of 7 stitches per inch
- Third illustration of quilting shows excellent sample of 8 stitches per inch
- The sash is a solid light gray, and the border is a post-modern riotous print of circles that match the other colors in the quilt perfectly- because they are from the same fabric collection! Then, the binding is of the same light gray triangular print that helped form the initial ladders up above. The quilting in the wide border is of triangles, echoing the triangles and ladder themes up above.
- Back is solid off-white