Heirloom Pineapple Wholecloth King Quilt
THIS QUILT HAS ALREADY BEEN SOLD, BUT YOU MAY CONTACT US ABOUT A CUSTOM ORDER. WE'RE ALSO WORKING WITH OUR QUILTER TO HAVE ANOTHER HEIRLOOM QUILT MADE.
An Almost Amish Quilt Exclusive with 100% labor from Amish artisans. This quilt actually represents the very best of what we have to offer: while we've worked with Amish artisans to make fine quilts for sale in our virtual store since 2012, we've never had so much quilting or beautiful craftsmanship in one quilt ever before. This quilt is a one-of-a-kind item with superior quilting, estimated to have over 107,000 individual hand stitches.
Wholecloth quilts, known locally as Heirloom quilts, are most often fashioned from one type of plain white fabric (this quilt is off-white). They are always always sewn with a few pieces together because the fabric bolts aren't wide enough to make one quilt. But the beauty of this quilt isn't in fashioning a pieced design; it's in the exquisite quilting. This quilt features a center medallion of pineapples facing out in a circle from the center. It also features pineapples in a line at the bottom edge. The base of the pineapple aligns with the scalloped edge.
Note: the quilting is so extensive on this quilt that it has a thickness more like a bedspread than a puffy quilt.
Dimensions and detailed description of photos are below.
- Size: King
- Approximate Dimensions:
- Width- 106" measured by shallow part of scalloped edge; 111" measured by widest part of scalloped edge
- Length- 113" measured by shallow part of scalloped edge; 116" measured by longest part of scalloped edge
- Piecing: Not a consideration in this quilt, which is pieced because the fabric is not wide enough to accommodate the entire width. But there is no decorative nature to the piecing. The entire focus is on the exquisite quilting.
- Stitching: Superior quality with an average of 9 stitches per inch
- Additional photographs description:
- View of pineapples in center medallion, photo taken with flash
- view of pineapples in center medallion, photo taken without flash
- pillow-top, curve shown against flat bed top
- pillow-top detail, photo flash taken in shadow
- quilting close-up shows superior 10 stitches per inch
- second quilting close-up shows superior 9 stitches per inch
- detailed view of verticle pineapple whose base aligns with scalloped edge
- back is off-white solid fabric and is folded back up on top of quilt top, so difference between colors can easily be discerned