Grandmother's Fan Queen Quilt in Shades of Tan
An Almost Amish Quilt Exclusive with 100% labor from an Amish artisan. What a fabulous debut quilt we've procured for the Grandmother's Fan design! In this particular quilt, the fans alternate up and down with each other. The fabrics used in this design are exquisite, to say the least. Lush florals are used in varying shades of tan background. They contrast with a lighter beige floral print on a slightly off-white background, and a beautiful abstract curvy print on a dark olive green border.
Look at the impeccable quilting of a braided garland that flanks each stripe of fans. We estimate there are over 87,000 individual hand stitches in this one-of-a-kind item. Whoever buys this quilt invests in a collector-worthy piece of art! Make it your family heirloom today.
Much more information on quilt specifications below- please scroll towards bottom of page.
- Size: Queen
- Approximate Dimensions: 99" wide by 110 ½" long.
- Fabric content: All top fabrics and backing are 100% cotton. Batting inside is 100% polyester fiberfill.
- Piecing: Excellent.
- Stitching: Excellent to Superior quality with yield of 7-8 stitches per inch
- Back: off-white
description of additional photographs
- Close-up of Grandmother's Fan design
- Closer view of fan (quilter's marks are prized by most collectors. You may choose to have us remove them before shipping, retain them, or remove them by ironing: please see Quilt Information & Frequently Asked Questions)
- Close-up of seven fabrics used
- Quilting shows an excellent to superior average of 7-8 stitches per inch
- Sash fabric is done in beautifully contrasting Batik brown and is hand quilted with such small stitches (quilter's marks above are prized by most collectors. You may choose to have us remove them before shipping, retain them, or remove them by ironing: please see Quilt Information & Frequently Asked Questions)
- Border features straight vertical lines emanating from feathered garland design. Photo also shows contrasting binding done in one of the floral tan fabrics used to create the "fan"
- Back is solid off-white and shows quilting beautifully