Crocus Star Queen Quilt in Violet & Rose
An Almost Amish Quilt Exclusive with 100% labor from Amish artisans. We normally like to include a bit of each quilt design's history. Not here! We don't have a clue about the Crocus Star, or how it came into being. The design is so rare, we had never heard of it before Rosa's sister Anna told us about it. The Crocus Star design starts with a traditional 8 point star and adds geometric shapes like squares and rectangles to it. Marvelous! Excellent piecing; very good quilting. We estimate there are over 63,000 individual hand stitches in this quilt. It is a one-of-a-kind item. A future family heirloom.
- Size: Queen
- Approximate Dimensions: 98 ½" wide by 108" long
- Piecing: Excellent
- Quilting: Good quality with an average of 6 stitches per inch.
Additional photo descriptions:
- Close up view of Crocus Star
- Close-up of stitching reveals a good average of 6 stitches per inch
- 2nd close-up of stitching shows average of 6 stitches per inch
- Border has sash of rose solid, along with beautiful quilting of an floral design on the wide purple border. White chalk marks are indicative of tracing from a stencil to trace where the quilter should do her needlework. Many people prize these marks as part of a quilter’s signature. If you don’t care for them, you can easily rid your quilt of them. These will disappear after you dry clean or wash it.
- Back is solid off-white fabric
The geometry added to the eight-point star really excited us, and the fabrics just jumped out at us: beautiful pink, blue, and purple florals, contrasting so nicely with a solid rose and a French vanilla and phlox print. These colors really pop. A truly striking piece of art!